Congratulations you have just gotten engaged! Now that the initial shock has worn off, you are beginning to stress with all of the planning you need to do. While the process of planning your Wedding Day can be a bit stressful remember to ENJOY the process because it only happens once in a lifetime.
Here are our suggestions for the first steps to planning your wedding after you get engaged.
1. Budget. I’m sure you’ve all heard this before, but I really can’t stress this enough. As intimidating as it is, figure out your wedding budget. The list will also help you see things that you might not need.
2. Guest list. Do you want an intimate affair with immediate family? Or a huge blowout with everyone you know? By creating a preliminary guest list it will help you in determining which venues can accommodate your guest list size. At the Sioux Falls Convention Center we can host the most intimate receptions of just immediate family to the huge blowout of 500+ guests.
3. Season. Is time of year important to you? I wouldn’t recommend immediately settling on a date, but ultimately what season you would like to get married. It is always important to reach out to your church and to venues to see what their availability is prior to selecting a date because then you will not be disappointed if your church or the venue of your choice is not available on the date you have selected. At the Sioux Falls Convention Center, we have the ability to host up to 5 Wedding Receptions any given night. We are fortunate enough that we are usually able to accommodate most dates requested by our couples.
4. Venue. This is a biggie, but it’s time to look for a place to have your reception. Once you settled on a venue everything else kind of falls into place; the venue determines the overall feel of your reception.
5. Dress!! Haha, OK, this is not really one of the first things you need to do, but why not throw something fun in there! Remember wedding planning CAN be fun, so enjoy yourself!
Sarah Maag | Sales Manager | 605-367-4154 | Sioux Falls Convention Center
Come Visit the Sioux Falls Convention Center Team at the upcoming Sioux Empire Wedding Showcase on February 16th, 2014 from Noon to 3pm. Pre-register by visiting here.