Wedding receptions are sweet, for endless reasons. Events full of sweet moments and priceless memories. Customarily, one can anticipate having an opportunity to indulge in a sweet treat when attending a wedding reception, more specifically, a lovely slice of wedding cake. Wedding cakes can be great, as they add to the room décor as they are typically on display at the wedding reception. Many families enjoy the traditional “cake cutting ritual” for the bride and groom, so this is another reason a wedding cake is typically a part of the equation. However, couples are now starting to get a little adventurous with offering sweet treat options at their wedding receptions. Providing an array of confectioneries might be just the innovative, personalized, and fun angle you are looking for to surprise your guests! There are infinite options for you to consider. Some of my personal favorites would be:
1) Do a dessert bar featuring delectable slices of cakes…..I would do several different flavors, showcasing things that you won’t find just anywhere because guests love to feel like they are partaking in a novelty item. Coconut cake – pineapple upside-down cake – red velvet cake – German chocolate cake.
2) Go with a themed dessert bar – my top choice would be home-made cheesecake selections. Here at the Sioux Falls Convention Center, we have an impressive list of home-made cheesecake flavor options. I always enjoy the Crème de Menthe, Cappuccino Mocha, Coconut, and Pistachio. Our chef is always open to suggestion on flavors….so if you have a particular favorite flavor let us know, and we can create a custom cheesecake just for you!
3) Display your desserts at the tables – sometimes it is nice to offer smaller desserts (almost bite-sized) so your guests can indulge without feeling too guilty about it! One of our signature items at the Sioux Falls Convention Center that would work well for this would be our hand-crafted dessert canapés. A floral centerpiece can still be placed on each table, and we can display our canapés on marble pieces around the main centerpiece….so your guests can basically choose which bite-sized treat they prefer at their leisure.
4) Take things up a notch – flavored coffees are obviously a trend that is not going to disappear anytime soon. Have a gourmet coffee station setup during your wedding reception, with all of the extras! Whip cream, chocolate shavings, and flavored syrups. Your guests will appreciate the alternative options for a little something sweet.
5) Late night sweets – why not bring out an evening snack for your guests with a sweet tooth? A fun idea that is sure to be a winner …. S ’mores. The Sioux Falls Convention Center offers a package with a nice variations on the traditional S ‘mores that would work perfectly
If you want to discuss more alternative and creative options for sweet treats that will set your wedding reception apart from the rest? Give me a call today!
– Jill Hericks | Sales Manager | 605-367-4156 | Sioux Falls Convention Center
(Sioux Falls Convention Center and Sioux Empire Wedding Showcase will Feature a Bridal Show on October 21st, 2012.)Tags: Amazing Weddings, Creative Wedding Reception, Desert Ideas for your reception, Reception Venue, Selecting Your Wedding Reception Venue, Sioux Empire Bridal, Sioux Falls Brides Guide, Sioux Falls Convention Center, Sioux Falls Wedding Cakes, Sioux Falls Wedding Planning, Sioux Falls Wedding Tips, Sioux Falls Weddings, South Dakota Weddings, Wedding Cakes, Wedding Planners, Wedding Planning, Wedding Reception Venues in Sioux Falls, Wedding Showcase