When a couple gets engaged, there are infinite factors to consider before the date is set for the most important day of their lives. Coordinating around individual and family schedules, as well as finding an available date that will jive at the wedding ceremony site and reception venue is just the tip of the iceberg. The time of year is frequently important due to a couple’s preferences in regards to weather conditions…..however it can also be important due to a desired wedding theme. Themed wedding receptions based around a season or time of year can be personalized, trendy, stylish and enjoyable for your guests. A properly executed themed wedding reception will transform the space and take your guests to another place the moment they step into the room. My favorite time of year is the fall, so I always burst with excitement when I have an opportunity to assist couples with unique ideas especially for receptions during these months. Everything from the fall colors (warm tones such a mochas, browns, oranges, crimson red, gold/yellows, burgundy), to the scents of the season and the crisp fall air / changing leaves on the trees, makes for an unforgettable atmosphere. The possibilities are endless, and we haven’t even talked about incorporating “fall foods” into the mix yet. Here are a few items that I think work marvelously when you want to create a cozy ambiance at your fall wedding reception:
1) Hot apple cider
2) Hot coco station with all of the fun/fancy toppings (marshmallows, sprinkles, whipped cream, chocolate shavings, candy rock stirrers).
3) Upgraded Coffee station (featuring flavored coffees and the fancy toppings mentioned above….and in addition flavored syrups)
4) Home-made pumpkin mini cheesecakes
5) Butternut Squash soup
6) Turkey carving station (with chef attendant for guest interaction)
7) Variety of S’mores
8) Assortments of breads (cinnamon bread, pumpkin & banana bread) served with flavored whipped butter
9) Selection of candied apples
10) Sweet potato chips (this is an appetizer item)
Again, these are just a few options /suggestions that I personally suggest. My talented culinary team here at the Sioux Falls Convention Center is always pleased to assist you in fashioning a customized menu to help achieve whatever it is you desire! Please give me a call today to book your fall 2012 wedding reception….we still have a few date options available!
– Jill Hericks | Sales Manager | 605-367-4156 | Sioux Falls Convention CenterTags: Colorful Wedding Ideas, Fall Season Wedding Ideas, Reception Venues, Sioux Empire Bridal, Sioux Falls Convention Center, Sioux Falls Wedding Planning, Sioux Falls Wedding Reception Venues, Sioux Falls Weddings, South Dakota Weddings, Wedding Food, Wedding Ideas, Wedding Planning, Wedding Reception Venues in Sioux Falls, Wedding Tips and Ideas